Public and Recreational Facilities
Sterling County Community Center, located at :
Available for private parties with refundable deposit. 300 + capacity. Center includes a large kitchen with a stove and two ovens, restrooms, smaller meeting area which is carpeted, a larger area, and barn area. Contact 325-378-4871 for reservations.
Sterling City, City Park, located on 3rd and Labadie Streets:
Park with outdoor cooking facilities and picnic tables. Available for residents for parties or family gatherings. A refundable deposit is required. Contact 325-378-2811 for reservations.
Sterling City ISD Swimming Pool, located on school property near the football stadium:
The pool is owned and operated by Sterling City ISD and is open during the afternoon in the summer months. Lifeguards are always on duty. The pool is available for parties or family gatherings after hours for a fee. Contact 325-378-7281 to reserve the pool or for general questions.
Sterling City Historic Railroad Depot, located at the corner of Stadium Avenue and Washington Street:
The railroad depot was restored with the efforts of the Sterling County Senior Citizens and local volunteers. The depot is currently the meeting place for the Sterling County Senior Citizens. The depot is available for private parties for a small fee. Contact 325-378-4400 for reservations.
Sterling City ISD Tennis Courts, located on school property near 700 block of 7th Street:
4 courts located on the Sterling City ISD grounds. Lights available for night play.
Sterling City Baseball Fields, located next to the City Park near 3rd and Labadie Streets:
2 baseball fields are available to enjoy. Contact 325-378-2811.
Swann Wellness Center, located at 309 5th Street:
A non-profit center providing diet & exercise programs, education, rehabilitation, & stress management to aide in improving the health of Sterling County residents. Small monthly fee. Contact 325-378-9471.
Sterling City Golf Course, located along US Highway 87:
The Sterling City golf course will soon be a 9 hole course with three par-4 holes and six par-3 holes. A small fee is charged for playing on the course with payment by the honor system. The Golf Association also collects dues from local residents for golfing throughout the year.
Area Golf Courses:
- Mountain Creek, Robert Lee-(public) 9 hole course
- Riverside Golf Course, San Angelo-(public) 18 hole course
- Santa Fe Golf Course, San Angelo-(public) 9 hole course
- Quicksand Golf Course, San Angelo-(public) 18 hole course
- Bentwood Country Club, San Angelo-(private) 18 hole course
- San Angelo Country Club, San Angelo-(private) 18 hole course
- Comanche Trails, Big Spring-(public) 18 hole course
- Big Spring Country Club, Big Spring-(private) 18 hole course
- Hogan Municipal Golf Course, Midland-(public) 18 hole course
- Lake Spence, Robert Lee, 30 minutes
- Lake O.C. Fisher, San Angelo, 45 minutes
- Twin Buttes, San Angelo, 45 minutes
- Lake Nasworthy, San Angelo, 45 minutes
- Colorado City Lake, Colorado City, 45 minutes
- Lake Ivey, Ballinger, 85 minutes