ALL PERSONS SPEAKING IN THIS MEETING WILL BE ALLOWED TO SPEAK FOR 5 MINUTES, UNLESS DEEMED NECESSARY BY THE COUNCIL TO SPEAK LONGER.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the City of Sterling City Council will hold a Regular Meeting on Monday, April 10, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. in the Sterling County Appraisal District Office, 616 4th Street, Sterling City, Texas, as prescribed by Government Code Chapter 551, Vernon's Texas Code and Annotated, to consider the following agenda items. Items do not have to be taken in the same order as shown in the meeting notice.
CALL TO ORDER
ROLL CALL: Mayor Estrada, Mayor Pro-Tem/Councilmember Guetersloh, Councilmembers Stevens, Dickison, Havlak, Rodriguez and Davis.
APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES
APPROVAL OF ACCOUNTS PAYABLE AND FINANCIAL REPORTS
• Discuss and/or act upon all aspects of Municipal Court including appointing Stacy Dyer as Municipal Judge.
• Discuss and/or act upon all aspects of the City Park.
• Open sealed bids and award the appropriate bidder for the City vehicles and equipment.
• Discuss and/or act upon purchasing an asphalt laying machine with Tommy Wright, Jr.
• Discuss and/or act upon adopting Resolution 170410, denying AEP's application to amend its distribution cost recovery factors to increase distribution rates within the City.
• City Council to recess to conduct a closed session relative to:
• PERSONNEL MATTERS; CLOSED MEETING. In accordance with Texas Government Code, 551.074; (a) This chapter does not require a governmental body to conduct an open meeting: (1) to deliberate the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline, or dismissal of a public officer or employee; or (2) to hear a complaint or charge against an officer or employee. (b) Subsection (a) does not apply if the officer or employee who is the subject of the deliberation or hearing requests a public hearing.
City Council to reconvene in open session and take any necessary action relative to items discussed in Executive Session.
• In accordance with the Open Meetings Act, Council is prohibited from acting or discussing (other than factual responses to specific questions) any items not on the agenda.
MAYOR/CITY COUNCIL ISSUES AND/OR FUTURE AGENDAS.
DISCUSS AND/OR ACT UPON ALL ISSUES OF ANIMAL CONTROL.
PUBLIC WORKS DIRECTOR'S REPORT
CITY SECRETARY REPORT
Mayor Henry Estrada Secretary Marla Arizola
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify that this Notice of Meeting was posted on the window, at the City Hall of Sterling City, Texas, a place convenient and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said Notice was posted by the following date and time
April 7, 2017 by 2:00 p.m. and remained so posted at least 2 hours before said meeting was convened.
THIS MEETING SHALL BE CONDUCTED PURSUANT TO THE TEXAS GOVERNMENT CODE SECTION 551.001 ET SEQ. AT ANY TIME DURING THE MEETING THE COUNCIL RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ADJOURN INTO EXECUTIVE SESSION ON ANY OF THE ABOVE POSTED AGENDA ITEMS IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE SECTIONS 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.075 OR 551.076.
This facility is wheelchair accessible and accessible parking spaces are available. Requests for accommodations or interpretive services must be made 48 hours prior to this meeting. Please